seven firsts

1. A bear. Two, even. Both black, but one was a cinnamon black. Meaning it was a brown bear, but still a black bear. (The other was a black black bear, and very striking.)

2. A clean-shaven ranger. They are shedding their winter face-coats. A true sign of spring!

3. Solo dye job.

4. Beaver Ponds Trail. No beavers, no Rory or Amy, but trail aplenty.

5. Bison sirloin. Delicious. I feel horrible about it.

6. A moonrise half-submerged in a hot-spring/river-culvert. 'Twas lovely.

7. A Clark bar. The Gardiner Sinclair is something of a candy bar preserve, with its U-NOs and Twin Bings and Neccos. Sweetmeats from another age.

Also, I'm trying something new and posting a little anecdote e'ery day. I hope I won't clutter your dash.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Rachel Gee says: Don't feel guilty about the bison sirloin. Now you just love them in another way.

Oh, the wisdom of Rachel Gee.

Lisa said...

(I hope you realize that I may or may not be showing your blog to every third person that walks in our apartment, shouting things as I wave my laptop at them like, "HEY!!! READ THIS THING BY MY SO COOL FRIEND!!!" Am having serious withdrawals, Jeff.)

susanlarsen said...

I loved these pictures and forget what an amazing place you are in! I would love to come see you for a day or two but will need to wait until after reunion time. Sounds like you have some buddies to do your exploring with. Be safe!

western dave said...

you should tweet. and then feed your tweets to your blog. :)

Kate said...

@Lisa: I love you.

@Grandma: Let me know when the reunion is!

@Dave: I'm @katerosalind. I'll have to get the feed going again.