the kate update

(I hope this will answer some questions I've gotten of late regarding my situation.)

By day, I answer phones in an office in a haunted hotel, navigating a 1980 program in a Pong color scheme to reserve Roughrider Cabins and photography tours. Sometimes I shell peanuts.

(Said hotel. Plus some landscape and thermal features.)

I live in a dun-colored dorm upon a dun-colored hill. I have a roommate - an avid knitter with a nose stud who lets me wear her yarny hats. Bison and elk often come to visit us.

(My dining room adjoins the bisonry's, but they're just here for the herbage.)

Unlike my hoofed neighbors, I do not eat grass. I take my meals in a staff cafeteria, discussing Minnesotan politics or the evolution of the blunderbuss with my seatmates. The fare is fair, and there is perpetual granola.

(A blunderbuss. Its predecessor was the hand cannon, and it was succeeded by the flintlock.)

The nearest movie theater and Wal-Mart sort of store are eighty miles away. There are exactly two receivable radio stations. But about 100 yards from my house is a place to buy sardines, Stetsons, and bear spray. And one of said stations is National Public Radio. So, I am set for the summer.

Please give me your mailing address so I can send you a postcard! I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tell your roommate I want a hat!!!